Tuesday, March 20, 2012

bread•cheese & fruit



I had a parenting class to get to last night, and about an hour from the time Brock got home from work to when I had to leave to make dinner and eat with everyone.  Perfect night for bread, cheese and fruit-- an old fave.  This one was featured in one of my first posts, cheater•meals, but it had been a while since we'd had it.   
I'd forgotten how easy, yummy and kid-pleasing it is.  Take 10 minutes to dig through the fridge and pantry for whatever looks good then slice a few things, arrange them on a platter, and you're done.




Last night, I found some smoked gouda, grape tomatoes, pistachios, pears, strawberries, sharp white cheddar, blackberries, hummus, some crackers, and white and whole grain french breads.  
So easy, and everyone's happy.  


Just as long as we can stand Owen asking for more blackberries every two minutes.




And I had plenty of time to have a nice relaxed dinner (between dishing out additional servings of blackberries) before heading out the door...

2 comments:

  1. Love this healthy plate! Looks also yummy and would definitely tempt my kids :-)

    ReplyDelete