Thursday, January 26, 2012

baked spaghetti•post revamp

I sort of wish I could re-do today (or maybe I should just be glad it's over?)...  Among other things, Oliver was an emotional wreck and for some reason kept making a giant mess of himself.   I ended up having to change his shirt roughly every two hours this morning, and peel him, crying, off the floor about every hour.  Owen wasn't much better-- he just could not make it to the potty on time-- on repeated occasions.  
Just one of those days...
But, Brock's putting the boys to bed now, which is like pushing the reset button on their world (and mine).  Give everyone a break and try again tomorrow.  The boys will hopefully wake up feeling refreshed and ready for a new day tomorrow.  And hopefully create less dirty laundry, tomorrow, too.
Here's another thing I want to re-do (so I did): my Baked Spaghetti post.  It was the first recipe I posted, and was (obviously) from before I realized the only way to photograph food is in natural light.  I also discovered a food mode (who knew?) on my camera that seems to work pretty well...  
So, I've recently started making blog-dinners early in the afternoon (as I did with this re-do batch of baked spaghetti).  Or, you don't know how many times I've photographed leftovers the next morning (leftovers in natural light look far, far better than fresh-cooked food in fake light).
There are definitely limitations to what my camera and I can do.  It is, after all, just a basic point-and-shoot, and I have not had any practical experience with artistic photography since college.
But, I think you'd agree, it's getting a little better.


real light= something you might actually eat

fake light= no thanks


So, here it is (follow the link):  Baked Spaghetti, Revamped.
I've kept the post in the original place to avoid having multiple posts of the same recipe as well as avoid having to leave those old, hideous photos up.  So, hopefully my new photos will actually make you want to try my recipe.  Baked spaghetti still is one of our favorites-- a comforting dish that pleases everyone in the family.  
And it was perfect for a tough day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment