The veggies (etc):
- 1 TBS oil, margarine, butter, or whatever else you like to cook your eggs in*
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach leaves, larger stems removed**
- 4 eggs
- A generous splash of water (about 1/4 cup)***
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (we like cheddar or a combination of mozzarella and parmesan)
- Measure your spinach in a large glass measuring pitcher (if you're using an immersion blender) or the pitcher of your blender. Add the eggs and water and season with salt and pepper.
- Blend just until the mixture is smooth (it will be a bit foamy).
- Heat your oil (or margarine, or whatever) in a skillet over medium heat, then add the egg mixture.
- Cook eggs, stirring frequently to prevent sticking, until almost set, then stir in the cheese.
- Cook and stir for a few more minutes until eggs are set.
- Serve to your freaked out family (these eggs are surprisingly green).
*Don't skimp on the cooking fat-- these eggs like to stick.
**You could also use defrosted frozen chopped spinach-- but cut back the amount (to about 1/2 cup) and eliminate or reduce the amount of water you use.
***I like to use water because it seems to produce a lighter, fluffier scramble. But, if heavier and creamier is what you prefer, use milk instead.